FOREST STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL, FSC
We are FSC Certified which is considered the “Gold Standard” designation for wood harvested from forests that are responsibly managed, socially beneficial, environmentally conscious, and economically viable. FSC Principles and Criteria provide a foundation for all forest management standards globally, including the FSC US National Standard.
- Responsible Forest Management
- Protecting Fragile Ecosystems
- Respecting Native Cultures and Economics
- Preventing Illegal Logging
- Restricting Clear-Cutting (removing all trees in tract) and pesticide use.
- Monitoring the “chain of custody,” or ensuring that the wood in the product your looking at really came from the forest that was certified.
We are proud to say we have been a certified as of 2012
Trademark License Code #FSC-C112971 / Chain of Custody #SCS – COC – 004365
Forestry certifications are not the final word if you follow the green certifications for wood products. Gaithersburg Architectural Millwork, we truly are green. We use environmentally safe finishing solvents (glue, paints, and finishes), panel products, and LEED compliant components in our fabrication process.